Six week Chanting Workshop
Every Tuesday night - April 29 through JUne 3 from 7 to 9:00 pm.
Class participants would learn/gain:
- basic Pali pronunciation and phonetics
- how to read intervals and pitch changes
- how to make us of recordings for practicing at home
- how to chant together in unison
- the most common chants used during classes, gatherings, and monastic visits at our center
- opportunities to lead chants in class
- confidence to lead chants for events and monastic visit at the center
Portland Friends of the Dhamma is a lay Buddhist community affiliated and guided by the lineage of Ajahn Chah and Abhayagiri Monastery.
Enjoy silent meditation, Dhamma talks and community activities designed to support our understanding and experience of the Buddha's teachings in daily life.