Wish List – Giving and Recieving
Items that our community are grateful to spontaneously receiving
- Coffee beans
- Toilet and boxed tissue papers
- White tapered, dripless candles
Please contact us if you would like to contribute:
- Several sponsorship opportunities for the upcoming monastic visit from Ajahn Geoff All covered! Thank you to all of you who contributed!!! Sadhu
A Heat Pump– OFFERED!!!! Sadhu, Sadhu, Sadhu
- Ink for our Brother Printer (LC203, LC205,LC209)
- Flooring as repair for Rental Office
There’s a wonderful story in the Vināya (Mahāvagga 8:15) about a very generous laywoman who lived at the time of the Buddha. As the story goes, she wanted to give a large gift to the community—lifetime gifts of food, clothing and medicinal requisites. Before agreeing to receive this offering, the Buddha asked Visakha why she wanted to make such a generous offering.
Her reply may surprise you. She said that when she sees the monks and nuns she will know that they are wearing robes made out of the cloth that she offered, etc., and it will make her very happy. Thus, her mind will be calm and her meditation will go well. As if to say, “Yes, that’s the right answer,” the Buddha accepted her gift.