Securing Portland Friends of the Dhamma for Future Generations
Ever since the Buddha's time, each generation has passed on his teachings to the next. Its's an unbroken chain that includes Portland Friends of the Dhamma. Imagine joining this chain of generations by planning a gift to PFoD through your estate. This can be easier to do than you might think. There are two common approaches:
- A will is the most common and flexible way to plan an estate. We can provide some sample language that may help you and your attorney address your goals.
- A retirement plan, life insurance, brokerage, or bank account often allows you to name a beneficiary. This entity receives the assets upon the death of the account holder. Contact your plan administrator to request a "change of beneficiary" form.
Ancient monasteries have inscriptions illustrating the generosity and compassion of their donors. As we pass on from this life, we can join these ancient donors, leaving an enduring gift for future generations. We appreciate that you are considering such a gift to PFoD.
Here's what your gift helps us provide:
- Contact with monastic & lay teachers
- Weekly classes and workshops
- A strong children's program
- A beautiful and well-maintained building
- A refuge in the city
You can restrict your gift to a particular purpose. If you want to restrict your gift, it is important to consult with PFoD to ensure that your proposed restriction can be honored.
"Portland Friends of the Dhamma gives a tremendous resource to the community, and many people benefit. For people that do have resources, you're not really asking, but giving people the opportunity to support something really useful." ---Luang Por Pasanno
If you have questions contact Gregory Satir, Development Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (503) 233-6498.
Portland Friends of the Dhamma is a 501(c)(3) religious nonprofit with federal tax ID #20-8808159 and state tax ID #123233-90.