INTRO TO ZOOM
At this time all our weekly services and events are on Zoom. Sunday Sila and special events such as monastic visits are also open for in-person attendance. Request login information
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
How to Register for Zoom
The first thing to do, of course, is to register for the service. You can do this either from your laptop or from your mobile phone. We’ll cover the web service first.
- Go to Zoom’s signup page. You might first be asked to enter your date of birth. That’s because if you are younger than 16, you aren’t eligible to make a Zoom account unless it’s for school.
- You’ll next be presented with a few options for creating an account. At the top, you can enter your email in the box labeled “Your work email address.” If you do this, move on to step two. Even though Zoom asks for a work email, a personal email should work fine. In March, it was reported that Zoom leaked some email addresses and user photos via Zoom’s Contact Directory feature because the app could think people with certain email domains work for the same company, but Zoom removed that domain-matching feature in April.
- You can also create an account by clicking the “Sign in with SSO,” “Sign in with Google,” or “Sign in with Facebook” buttons, after which you just download the Zoom desktop app and move on to step seven.
- If you entered an email, Zoom will send an activation email to that address. Click the “Activate Account” button in the email or copy and paste the activation URL into your browser to activate your account.
- On the page that opens up in your web browser, you’ll next be asked if you’re signing up on behalf of a school. Assuming you aren’t, click the “No” button and then click “Continue.”
- On the next page, fill in your first and last name and a password
- On the next page, you can invite other people to create a free Zoom account via email. You can skip this step if you want.
- Next, you’ll be given a link to your personal meeting URL and will have the option to click an orange “Start Meeting Now” button to start a test meeting. If you copy that URL into your browser or click that orange button, you should be prompted to download the Zoom desktop app. Follow the prompts to install the app.
- After you’ve installed the Zoom app, you’ll see buttons to “Join a Meeting” or “Sign In.” To start your test meeting, click “Sign In.”
- On the next screen, enter the email and password you just used to sign up for Zoom in your browser. If you registered using the “Sign in with Google” or “Sign in with Facebook” buttons, click those buttons here and follow the prompts.
- Once you’re logged in, make sure you’re on the “Home” tab, and then click the orange “New Meeting” button in the Zoom app. Your meeting will start.